special costumes: Outfit | Autumn Favourites

الأربعاء، 5 نوفمبر 2014

Outfit | Autumn Favourites

Autumn OOTD, Autumnal Outfit, AX Paris Boots, Blue Vanilla Dress, Fashion, OOTD, Style, Yumi Direct Coat, Black Michael Kors Top-Zip Tote Handbag, AX Paris Boots, Daniel Footwear Michael Kors Handbag,

If you're a regular reader of my blog you'll know that fashion posts aren't a regular thing and despite my love of buying new clothes and styling them, I tend to stick to what I'm comfortable with and that's writing about beauty. Yes I've done the odd outfit post in the past but I've never considered myself a 'fashion' blogger as I just don't post them often enough and the quality / posing in my past 'outfit of the days' are pretty questionable to say the least. 

Well, I've decided I need to start branching out more and make my blog content more varied. Yes I love beauty and it will always be the main focus of my blog but I really want to step outside my comfort zone and try my hand at some fashion posts too. I really love seeing how the normal every day girl dresses and although I'm not super fashion forward, I like to think I know how to put an outfit together and most of the things I wear are affordable and easy for anyone to wear. I have to say I'm not the worlds most confident girl in the world so doing posts like this does still petrify me but if you enjoy this one and do want to see them become a regular feature, please let me know.

Autumn OOTD, Autumnal Outfit, AX Paris Boots, Blue Vanilla Dress, Fashion, OOTD, Style, Yumi Direct Coat, Black Michael Kors Top-Zip Tote Handbag, AX Paris Boots, Daniel Footwear Michael Kors Handbag,
IMG_5425

Another reason I've never done many fashion posts in the past is the fact I never have anyone to take decent photos for me. My boyfriends works long hours and I'm useless with a tripod - I can never capture myself at the right angle and its just a lot of faffing around. However, one of my work colleagues Anne-Marie (see her blog here) has kindly offered to help me out with photos and I'll do the same for her. So a big thanks to you for these images Anne-Marie, I'm really chuffed with how they turned out, even if I did feel like a complete idiot posing and burst out laughing multiple times. Whoops!

Anyway, rambling aside, lets get to the nitty gritty - the outfit. Firstly I have to mention that I'm absolutely loving this colder weather as it means I can wear boots with tights and cosy coats - LOVE! Talking of coats, I'm literally obsessed with my new new textured wool -blend coat* from Yum Direct. Its the perfect winter coat - it goes with almost everything in my wardrobe, fits like a glove, looks smart whilst still being stylish, has a lovely texture and big pockets to keep my hands warm. I'd never heard of Yumi Direct until they recently contacted me and I'm SO impressed with this coat that I'll definitely be checking out their other bits and pieces. It's so well made and will be a staple in my winter wardrobe.

I've also been wearing this diamond tile print twin set dress* from Blue Vanilla none stop recently. They're a brand new brand and I've been really impressed with what they have to offer so far. I also blogged about their gorgeous checked cape here. I love the print of this dress, it has a cue sixties vibe about it and its such an easy piece to throw on with a pair of tights and boots for an instant chic look. Its also pretty cool the the top part hangs loose so it looks like a co-ord rather than a dress. Again, this is going to be a Winter wardrobe staple. 

Autumn OOTD, Autumnal Outfit, AX Paris Boots, Blue Vanilla Dress, Fashion, OOTD, Style, Yumi Direct Coat, Black Michael Kors Top-Zip Tote Handbag, AX Paris Boots, Daniel Footwear Michael Kors Handbag,
Autumn OOTD, Autumnal Outfit, AX Paris Boots, Blue Vanilla Dress, Fashion, OOTD, Style, Yumi Direct Coat, Black Michael Kors Top-Zip Tote Handbag, AX Paris Boots, Daniel Footwear Michael Kors Handbag,

As I mentioned at the start of this post, I'm loving the fact I can now wear ankle boots again. They're definitely my favourite kind of shoe to wear as they're so versatile and make any outfit look more stylish. I've been wearing my Zip Trim ankle boots from AX Paris a lot recently as they go with absolutely everything. They do have a slightly bigger heel than I'm used to and they might not be the most appropriate boots for the ice cold and snowy Winter weather but for now, while the weather is still fairly mild, they're a great option. I've even worn these to go out in the evening as the bigger heel makes them look more dressy!

I also have to mention my beloved Michael Kors Jet Set Tote handbag* from Daniel Footwear. Since I got this bag back in August, not a day has gone by that I haven't used it. I'm utterly in love with it as it goes with every outfit, fits all my daily essentials in and looks super chic and sophisticated. I definitely need to get my hands on the tan version for the S/S months!

So there we have it, this is the outfit I wore on Monday! As I said, I'm not very 'out there' with my fashion choices and a lot of the outfits I wear will be fairly simple but I hope you enjoyed seeing it nonetheless and do let me know if you'd like to see more. 

Lots of love,

التسميات: , , , , , , , , ,

0 تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

الاشتراك في تعليقات الرسالة [Atom]

<< الصفحة الرئيسية