special costumes: A Well Overdue MAC Splurge

الأحد، 2 نوفمبر 2014

A Well Overdue MAC Splurge

MAC Cosmetics, MAC Emphasize Shaping Powder Review, MAC Harmony Blush, MAC Haul, MAC Makeup, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, MAC Prep & Prime Light Boost, MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
It dawned on me recently that I hadn't bought anything from MAC in a long, long time. Once upon a time I was a MAC addict and would buy a new lipstick almost every week. I know, I know, perhaps that was a tad overboard but excessive MAC buying aside, it was my favourite brand and I loved all of their products from their foundation and powders to their eyeliner and lipstick. However, in recent times, the only thing I use regularly from MAC is their Soft & Gentle highlighter. For some reason, most of my other MAC products have been forgotten about. With this being said, I decided it was about time I rekindled my romance with MAC and also try some of their new product. I did get a bit carried away on their website and spend more money than I should have but it was definitely worth it. Here's what I picked up..

Mineralize Skinfinish Natural | Medium Plus | Link
A couple of years ago, this was my go-to face powder. I couldn't get enough of its natural finish and how it perfectly set my foundation and concealer. Now I stopped buying this for a while when Rimmel's Stay Matte powder came on the scene as I couldn't afford to keep buying from MAC. However, since re-purchasing this powder, I've realised that the Rimmel version really doesn't compare. It adds an almost airbrushed finished to my skin and the shade 'Medium Plus' adds a nice warmth to my skin tone. Its also impossible to look cakey when wearing this powder - it just sets and perfects everything whilst looking very natural. I'm also loving the new packaging - if anyone is a fan of this, you'll know that the packaging used to have a clear lid like the blushers. However, its now had a makeover and comes in a sleek black compact with a metallic clasp and a large mirror. Perfect for popping in the handbag!

Pro Longwear Concealer | NC20 | Link
I've been in need of a new under-eye concealer after having little success with a few drugstore concealers I'd picked up. I hadn't found anything that covered my dark circles well and gave me that bright Kim-K look I'd been hoping for. I remember trying the MAC Pro Longwear concealer a few years ago and I really liked the formula but I'd unfortunately bought a shade too dark for use under my eyes. With this being said, I thought I'd buy it in shade lighter than my skintone (I'm usually NC25 in MAC foundations). It works fabulous under my eyes as it has high coverage without being cakey and the NC20 shade gives me that wide awake and bright look I'd been hoping for first time around. 

MAC Cosmetics, MAC Emphasize Shaping Powder Review, MAC Harmony Blush, MAC Haul, MAC Makeup, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, MAC Prep & Prime Light Boost, MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
Powder Blush | Harmony | Link
Another product I was in need of was good contour shade that isn't too orange. After watching lots of contour and highlighting tutorials on YouTube, I learnt that in order to contour and look natural, its best to use a shade that doesn't contain any orange undertones. Basically, something that looks like a natural shadow, not a warm toned bronzer like I'd previously been using. I noticed lots of the girls I was watching used MAC's 'Harmony' blush, a matte and neutral brown shade with no hint of orange. I decided to give it a try and I've been really impressed. It blends nicely and adds subtle definition to the cheekbones. It doesn't warm up the complexion so I still need to use a bronzer on other areas of my face but for creating defined cheekbones, its great!

Prep & Prime Highlighter | Light Boost | Link
This is the product that's to blame for this entire haul. I saw Michelle Keegan tweet a photo of her makeup looking AMAZING (contoured and highlighted to perfection) and I noticed she'd tagged her makeup artist so I headed over to her Instagram to see what she'd used to do her makeup. She said she'd used MAC Prep & Prime in 'Light Boost' under her eyes and I loved the bright highlighted look to Michelle's makeup. After seeing that, I just knew I had to have this product in my collection. I've seen it mentioned on so many blogs as a 'holy grail' and it had been on my wish list for quite some time. I have to say, it hasn't disappointed. Creamy, easy to blend and super brightening - its a dream to highlight with and really helps achieve that Kim K look. 

Shaping Powder | Emphasize | Link
This is a product that I bought after watching someones contour and highlight routine on YouTube. I can't remember the name of the channel as its not one I watch regularly or had ever come across before but the girl looked absolutely stunning and when setting her under eye concealer, she used this shaping powder in the shade 'Emphasize', a pale yellow powder that helps to brighten as well as set any products applied to the under eye area. I was blown away by what a difference it made to the overall look of her makeup and knew there and then that it had to be mine. The only downside is that its only sold in pan form and as I don't have a MAC cheek palette, I'm currently having to take it in and out of the little sleeve it came in every time I want to use it. Maybe this is a good excuse to get a MAC cheek palette?

So there we have it, five new MAC products added to my collection, yay! I have to say, I'm so glad to have rekindled my love for the brand as they really have got some fantastic products and all of these ones are well worth trying. I do apologise for not including more photos in this post the photos I took didn't turn out how I'd hoped and I'll be reviewing all the products in full soon anyway. I hope you guys don't mind!

Have you tried any of these MAC Products? Do you have any other recommendations?


Lots of love,

التسميات: , , , , , , ,

0 تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

الاشتراك في تعليقات الرسالة [Atom]

<< الصفحة الرئيسية