special costumes: NEW: Benefit Majorette

الاثنين، 20 أكتوبر 2014

NEW: Benefit Majorette

Benefit Majorette Review, Benefit Majorette Blush Booster, Benefit New Release, Benefit Majorette Cream Blush Review, Benefit Cream Blush

Benefit's latest release comes in the form of 'Majorette', a cream to powder 'booster' blush. Now I have to be honest, when I received this in the post, I was a little confused. I mean I'm not a huge blush wearer at the best of times so the idea that this product is used to boost blush wasn't particuarly appealing to me. I also wasn't sure why you'd want to boost your blusher - wouldn't it make me look like a clown wearing this and another blusher on top?

Anyway, hesitations aside, I gave this product a go and was impressed with the results. A gorgeous peachy pink shade that would suit any skin tone, an easy to blend creamy formula and decent staying power - it ticks all my boxes. However, I still can't get passed the marketing of this product. In my opinion, its a cream blush, nothing more and nothing less. The whole blush booster concept is still a bit baffling to me and although I did try to pair this with one of the Benefit box blushers, I still didn't get it. As this product is fairly pigmented, it works perfectly well on its own and I think pairing it with something else, other than a nice highlight, make it a bit pointless. There's certainly no denying that wearing powder over cream will make blush last longer but unless I had a powder blush in the exact same shade, I wouldn't want to mix colours and go overboard. That's just my opinion though - maybe you get it better than I do? 

Benefit Majorette Review, Benefit Majorette Blush Booster, Benefit New Release, Benefit Majorette Cream Blush Review, Benefit Cream Blush

One thing I will say is that in terms of cream blushes I've tried, this is one of the best. As I mentioned, its pigmented, creamy and lasts well on my skin. I find the colour very flattering too although I am confused as to why Benefit would release a S/S shade just in time for A/W? Again, maybe I'm being fussy but I feel this product would have been better placed in the Summer months when cream blushes are a more popular choice and peach shades are the go-to. 

I also have to mention the packaging which is just beautiful. Benefit never go too far wrong with packaging but this is definitely one of my favourite designs to date. Yes its a bit bulky and a pain to store (although it does just squeeze in my muji drawers) but I'm in love with the quirky tamborine inspired casing, the beautiful design on the blush itself and the large mirror. Its very sturdy too and made of plastic unlike Benefit's box powders which are cardboard. Its definitely a good choice for popping in my handbag for on the go touch ups as the cream formula is easy enough to dab on my cheeks and blend in with my fingers. 


Benefit Majorette Review, Benefit Majorette Blush Booster, Benefit New Release, Benefit Majorette Cream Blush Review, Benefit Cream Blush
Overall, I'd say I'm a fan of this product. I'm not a fan of the way its been marketed as I wouldn't use it in the way its intended but as a cream blush, its lovely. I hope Benefit release more blushes with this formula! You can buy Majorette from Feel Unique, John Lewis, Look Fantastic, ASOS and House of Frazer for £23.50.

Will you be giving Majorette a try? 

Lots of love,

التسميات: , , , ,

0 تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

الاشتراك في تعليقات الرسالة [Atom]

<< الصفحة الرئيسية