special costumes: Homeware Haul ft Gifts & Pieces, IKEA & Ebay

الجمعة، 24 أكتوبر 2014

Homeware Haul ft Gifts & Pieces, IKEA & Ebay

Home Ware Haul, Home Decor, Interior Design, IKEA Home Ware, Gifts and Pieces
As some of you may or may not know, I recently moved from Newcastle to Manchester as my boyfriend and I both landed new jobs and we decided it was time for a change. Although we LOVE Newcastle and I'll really miss it, I think change is good. I don't think I'll ever be one of these people who will stay in the same place my whole life - well, at least not while I'm young and able to move around anyway!

Anyway, ramble aside, I've been buying lots of lovely bits and pieces to make my new flat feel more like a home over the past few weeks so I thought I'd share them in a haul. There's quite a lot so I thought I'd split this post up into two parts! I was also lucky enough to get sent some gorgeous bits from 'Gifts & Pieces', one of my favourite home ware shops run by fellow blogger Abby from Beautyfull Homes - make sure you go and check them out.

Home Ware Haul, Home Decor, Interior Design, IKEA Home Ware, Gifts and Pieces
Weekly Schedule Chalk Board | Link
Although there are parts of my life that aren't the most organised *cough messy bedroom cough*, when I want to be, I can be quite a good little organiser! I'm very much a planner and like to have things wrote down and a plan in place. With this being said, in order to keep me on track, I need a bit of a helping hand. Be it notebooks or the calendar and notes section of my Iphone, they're usually full of 'to do' lists and little reminders that give me that little bit of encouragement I need to get things done. Well, the most recent organisational item to make its way into my life is this 'weekly schedule' chalkboard from ebay. I'm just a bit in love with how it looks propped up against the wall in my kitchen and I love that I can jot little notes on it to remind me what I'm doing throughout the week. The above photo isn't the best example (we had lots of visitors that week as you can see) but what I plan to use this for moving forward is weekly meal planning. I'll jot down what I'm going to have for dinner each night of the week and I'm hoping it'll help me get into a good healthy eating routine rather than dashing across the road for a pizza because we've got nothing prepared! Also, who doesn't love playing with chalk? Forever a child!

Home Ware Haul, Home Decor, Interior Design, IKEA Home Ware, Gifts and Pieces

Ikea Stockholme Cushions | Link
These cushions are a bit of a blogger favourite so I'm sure you've seen them before but I just had to share them anyway as I absolutely love them! They're a bit pricier than other Ikea cushions at £12 each but they're totally worth it as they're huge and so squishy and soft. I love the cool monochrome print and these look perfect in our spare bedroom with a plain white bedspread and grey throw (also Ikea) along the bottom. You just can't go wrong with a bit of monochrome sometimes!

Home Ware Haul, Home Decor, Interior Design, IKEA Home Ware, Gifts and Pieces

Bathroom Accessories Trio | Link
I'm a big fan of the whole 'shabby chic' look so when my Nanna bought me this little bathroom set as a new home gift, I couldn't have been more chuffed. I'd actually been eyeing them up myself only a couple of days before she gave it to me which was pretty spooky coincidence - we clearly have very similar taste! I love the little worn looking stand they come in and the distressed hearts embossed on the front is a super cute touch! I've gone for a white a fresh colour scheme in my bathroom and even though white towels are a nightmare combined with makeup and fake tan. I do love the overall look!

Home Ware Haul, Home Decor, Interior Design, IKEA Home Ware, Gifts and Pieces
Wooden Drawers with Heart Handles | Link
My lovely Nanna also bought me this cute set of drawers and again, they're very 'shabby chic' which is a style I absolutely love! I have this sat on my IKEA Malm chest of drawers with a few other bits and bobs and it finishes it off really nicely. At the moment I'm keeping little things that don't have a home elsewhere in the drawers like hair ties/gribs, perfume samples and lip balms!

Home Ware Haul, Home Decor, Interior Design, IKEA Home Ware, Gifts and Pieces
Little Things Storage Box | Link
This has to be one of my favourite things in my new flat and it was very kindly sent to me from 'Gifts & Pieces', a gorgeous home ware site selling the prettiest shabby chic 'gifts and pieces' you've ever seen. They sell everything you can think of to prettify your home and I could send a small fortune on their site. This 'Little things' storage box is super cute and its taken pride of place on my coffee table. We keep little nick nacks like spare batteries and a lighter for lighting candles in there at the moment but I'm sure it'll come in very handy for lots of 'little things' over time. However, even if we don't put anything inside it, it makes a gorgeous decoration!

Home Ware Haul, Home Decor, Interior Design, IKEA Home Ware, Gifts and Pieces



Wicker Candle Holders (can't find link but bought from Wilko)
These were a bit of a random purchase and I'm still not entirely sure what to do with them as when they arrived they were LOADS bigger than I expected. On the website I imagined them to be small candle holders that I could put on my bedside tables but when they arrived they've pretty big and I don't think they work well as candle holders. I still think they're super cute though so I don't want them to go to waste. I'm thinking I might buy some little battery powered fairy lights to pop in them and make a light feature instead, what do you guys think?! Any ideas??!

Home Ware Haul, Home Decor, Interior Design, IKEA Home Ware, Gifts and Pieces
Letter Rack | Link
Another super cute piece from 'Gifts & Pieces' is this Letters rack which is obviously for keeping letters in. I keep this on a little table in my hallway and its really handy because if I arrive home to any post (boring bills and what not), I can pop them in this little holder to keep them neat and tidy. In the past I'd end up with a pile of letters on the side with nowhere to store them so this has come in really handy! I love it!!

I hope you like these little bits and bobs I've picked up recently - keep your eyes peeled for part two next week!

Where's your favourite place to shop for home ware?

Lots of love,

التسميات: , , , ,

0 تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

الاشتراك في تعليقات الرسالة [Atom]

<< الصفحة الرئيسية