special costumes: OOTD | The Checked Cape

الأربعاء، 22 أكتوبر 2014

OOTD | The Checked Cape

A/W Cape Trend, Blue Vanilla, OOTD, Outfit Post, The Checked Cape,

Oh look, here I am doing an outfit post, for the first time in MONTHS! Back when I first started writing Couture Girl, photography wasn't really high on my priorities and I'd often take shoddy looking outfit snaps on my phone and upload them to my blog. However, times have changed and things have moved on since then so taking photos for an outfit post now requires a lot of effort. It means finding a good outdoor space to take the photos because my messy bedroom just doesn't cut it, finding some free time when I'm not at work, have time to make myself look presentable and its actually daylight outside. I'm also super picky with photos of myself and there isn't often many I'm happy with. I don't know about you but I over-analyse every single photo of myself, usually end up hating them, feel self concious and don't bother to upload them. I'm such a worry wart, let me tell you. 

A/W Cape Trend, Blue Vanilla, OOTD, Outfit Post, The Checked Cape,
A/W Cape Trend, Blue Vanilla, OOTD, Outfit Post, The Checked Cape,

Anyway, rant aside, today I'd like to showcase my beautiful new cape from Blue Vanilla, a new fashion website that I urge you all to to check out. Their site doesn't officially launch until next month but when it does, you can get your hands on beautiful items like this one for very affordable prices so its well worth checking out. For now, you can follow them on FacebookTwitter and InstagramCapes are the big trend of the moment since Burberry had the likes of Cara Deleveigne, Suki Waterhouse and Olivia Palermo rocking their checked cape from their new A/W range at London fashion week and as we can't all afford Burberry, this one is a great alternative. 

I love the monochrome colours, the way it hangs and how it instantly makes a very simple outfit 10 times more chic. As you can see in the photos, paired with a plain black cami, my trusty Topshop Leigh jeans and a pair of ankle boots, it instantly spruces up the outfit and makes it look more stylish. I know I'll be getting a lot of wear out of it throughout the colder months. It can even double up as a blanket - always a bonus!

Anyway, that's all from me - I feel a bit apprehensive about posting this after not doing a fashion post for such a long time so please do be kind and if you'd like to see more, do let me know! I may have to pester my boyfriend to be my photographer and get a few outfits posts taken every weekend! Let me know what you guys think!

Are you a fan of the cape trend? 

Lots of love,

التسميات: , , , ,

0 تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

الاشتراك في تعليقات الرسالة [Atom]

<< الصفحة الرئيسية