special costumes: Monthly Favourites | November

الأحد، 7 ديسمبر 2014

Monthly Favourites | November

Beauty Blog Monthly Favourites, Monthly Favourites, November Monthly Favourites

So its now December and I can officially be ridiculously excited for Christmas, YAY! The month of November seemed to pass me by in the blink of an eye and I can't quite believe its now less than three weeks until Santa comes to visit. Utter madness, I tell you! This is my last monthly favourites post for the year of 2014 as my next favourites post will be my 2014 favourites - a round up of all my favourite products from the past year. Crikey, that's going to be a tough decision! Anyway, for now, here's what I've been loving lately ...

Collection Lip Butter | Perfect Plum
I'm a big fan of chunky lip pencils as they're so easy to use. I've tried my fair share of them now from all sorts of brands and I have to say, this one from Collection is my favourite to date. Its highly pigmented, glossy and long lasting. The shade 'Perfect Plum' is exactly as you'd expect, a perfect plum shade that's great for this time of year. I really can't fault it and for only £2.99, I'm going to have to pick up a few more shades to try.

Bourjois Bronzing Powder & Highlighter*
Bourjois chocoloate bronzer is a bit of a cult product in the beauty world and for good reason too - its affordable but does a great job at adding definition and a natural looking bronzed glow to the face. I've always been a fan of it myself and its always been the bronzer I've turned to when my uptime favourite NARS Laguna is running low. With this being said, you can imagine my delight when I was kindly sent Bourjois latest take on their chocolate bronzer - this time combining it with a highlighter too. Its a great little palette and great for travelling with as everything is together in a lightweight cardboard compact. The highlighter isn't the best one I've ever used but for day to day wear, its great.

Beauty Blog Monthly Favourites, Monthly Favourites, November Monthly Favourites
The Body Shop Lip Balm | Raspberry
I went shopping at The Lowry outlet recently and if you buy four or more products from The Body Shop, you get 40% off. Absolute bargain! I didn't really realise how things worked until I got to the till and I only had three things so the lady serving me told me to grab one of these cheap lip balms as I'd then get my 40% off and save more money. What fabulous customer service! Anyway, I'm very pleased she encouraged me to get this as its such a great lip balm. It has a gel like formula and I find it nourishes my lips as well as leaving a gorgeous shine. It also smells / tastes divine too which is a nice bonus!

I've been a big fan of the Bourjois 1 Seconde mascara for months now and wrote a full review on it here with before and after shots. However, Bourjois recently released an 'Ultra Black' version and I love it even more than the original. It still has the fab mixture of straight and spherical bristles that grab and add definition to each and every lash but as I like my lashes to look super dark, I was obviously going to favour this version. I'm not sure how it looks darker as black is black after all but it does seem to make my lashes look even bigger and fuller than the original version which I can't complain about. Its definitely the best mascara I've ever used and I'd highly recommend it!

This classic beauty product has been raved about by the beauty industry for years but I've only recently got round to trying it. I never really knew what Eight Hour Cream was meant to be used for but I'd heard a lot of people say it was a great multi-purpose product and after doing my research I realised it can be used for a number of things such as soothing chapped, cracked or dry skin and any kind of skin irritation such as burns and grazes. With this being said, when I recently had an awful dry patch on my face caused by the cold winter weather, Eight Hour cream came to the rescue. I have to say I was pretty shocked at how thick this cream is and its brown colouring - I presumed it would be a typical white moisturiser that can be used all over the face. Due to its thickness and slightly sticky texture, I definitely didn't want to smear it all over my face so I just focused it on the dry area to see what it would do. Amazingly, after only two applications, the dry patch had completely vanished. I was pretty amazed and am highly impressed by this products super moisturising / healing powers. I'll be keeping it in my bedside drawer for future dry skin emergencies!


I recently did a full review of the Rimmel Apocalips here and in that review I said how much I loved this new lip product from Rimmel thanks to its super staying power. I've never used a lip product as long lasting as these and I've used a LOT of lip products so that's saying something. When I say its long lasting, the swatch on my arm for this post didn't even come off after being scrubbed in the shower. The only thing that will budge it is the Benefit They're Real Eye Makeup remover so if you do buy one of these, make sure you have some super strength makeup remover at the ready. I also love how pigmented they are as it means I can have a bold lip colour and not have to worry about constantly re-applying throughout the night. I'm sure the two red shades I own 'Kiss Me You Fool' and 'Play With Fire' will be getting put to good use over the Christmas period.

As I've said many times before on my blog, I love a multi-purpose product so this Clynol wonder spray that combines 10 benefits in one easy spray is a haircare dream come true. I'm not going to go through all the benefits it provides as I'd be here all day but it offers lots of fab things such as heat protection, moisture, de-tangling, frizz reduction, volume and shine. I've been using this every day recently and I just love how easy it is to use - I pop some Moroccan Oil through the ends of my hair then spritz this all over before blowdrying and straightening in the morning. I then use it before bed so it can work its magic overnight. It definitely helps detangle my hair and make it more manageable whilst also providing long-term benefits to ensure my hair stays in good condition. I'd highly recommend giving this a try if you're like me and can't be bothered using ten different hair products.

What have you been loving lately? Have you tried any of these products?

Lots of love,

التسميات: , ,

0 تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

الاشتراك في تعليقات الرسالة [Atom]

<< الصفحة الرئيسية