special costumes: None Beauty Haul | Books, Shoes & Lunchboxes

الجمعة، 23 يناير 2015

None Beauty Haul | Books, Shoes & Lunchboxes

None Beauty Haul, Sali Hughes Pretty Honest Review, Missguided Valentina Heels, Homemade Smoothie Recipes, Happy Jackson Yay Lunch Lunchbox, Haul

Although most of my extra money tends to go on beauty products, occasionally I like to treat myself to other things and recently I've been feeling quite spendy on Amazon and Missguided. I don't normally do none-beauty hauls as I'm not sure anyone will be interested but if you like being nosy like me, you might find seeing what I've been buying remotely interesting. There's a mixture of things from books to shoes and even a lunchbox. Yep, I'm so cool. Here's a little bit about each of them, my reasons behind buying them (its always good to justify ones purchases, hehe!) and some links so you can get your mitts on them too ...

None Beauty Haul, Sali Hughes Pretty Honest Review, Missguided Valentina Heels, Homemade Smoothie Recipes, Happy Jackson Yay Lunch Lunchbox, Haul

I'm a bit of a sucker for blogger hype so when I saw every blogger and their dog talking about the book 'Pretty Honest' from beauty journalist Sali Hughes I just knew it had to be mine. Other than being super pretty on the exterior and all about one of my favourite things, its also very well written and informative. I pretty much already know most of the things sally covers in the book (skincare routines, makeup essentials, shopping at makeup counters etc) but even so, I'm still thoroughly enjoying it thanks so Sali's witty writing style. I have laughed out loud a fair few times now! A great book for all beauty lovers I'd say, especially those just starting out who need a helping hand with the basics! Sally's got everything you can think of covered!

None Beauty Haul, Sali Hughes Pretty Honest Review, Missguided Valentina Heels, Homemade Smoothie Recipes, Happy Jackson Yay Lunch Lunchbox, Haul

My boyfriend very kindly bought me the Breville Blend Active blender so I can make myself so healthy homemade smoothies, something I've always wanted to do. With this being said, I need some inspiration and that's where this 'The Smoothie Recipe Book' comes into play. I spotted this on Amazon for around a fiver which I thought was a complete bargain and although I wasn't expecting much for that price, its actually very good. It has smoothie recipes for all kinds of things - breakfast, energy or weight loss to name a few. I can't wait to give some of them a try - I might even be brave and try a 'green' smoothie. Wish me luck!

None Beauty Haul, Sali Hughes Pretty Honest Review, Missguided Valentina Heels, Homemade Smoothie Recipes, Happy Jackson Yay Lunch Lunchbox, Haul

As someone who is forever spending my free time taking photos for my blog, you'd think I'd own the basics by now. Well. no, I like to make things difficult for myself. For the past two years, I've been using a 2GB memory card in my camera which can hold no more than a couple of hundred pictures. As you can imagine, I take more than that in one blog photography sesh so it was becoming quite tiresome having to keep deleting images. That's where this SanDisk 32GB Extreme bad boy comes into play - it can hold thousands of images and film videos in HD. Winning! To go alongside it, I also bought a Canon camera remote which will come in handy if I ever decide to film a YouTube video. I will get round to doing it one day, I promise!

None Beauty Haul, Sali Hughes Pretty Honest Review, Missguided Valentina Heels, Homemade Smoothie Recipes, Happy Jackson Yay Lunch Lunchbox, Haul

Yep, I bought a plate. This highlights how random my purchases often are but I did have reason behind this one, I promise. When taking blog photos I like to add something to them to make them a little more interesting. Be it a candle, flowers or some pretty nicks naks, you'll notice than most of my photos have some kind of 'prop' in them. Getting slightly bored of my current set up, I decided to head to Amazon to hunt down some bits and bobs I can use as blog photography accessories. I found this plate which is supposedly a Yankee candle tray (no idea?!) and just loved the cute love hearts design. I've already used this in a few photos I've taken and it looks really cute with something place in the centre. When its not being used as a prop, I'm keeping some of my perfumes on it. I'm sure you'll see it crop up in future posts!

None Beauty Haul, Sali Hughes Pretty Honest Review, Missguided Valentina Heels, Homemade Smoothie Recipes, Happy Jackson Yay Lunch Lunchbox, Haul

This year is all about healthy eating for me and although I'll always have my bad days and naughty foods (who can resist a dominoes, lets face it!), I want to try my absoloute best to be healthy 80% of the time. Part of this means taking homemade meals to work for my lunch but I realised I was lacking in tupperware to store my meals in. I'm a big fan of the brand Happy Jackson and when I spotted this lunch box on Amazon (yes, I spend a lot of time on Amazon okay), I just had to have it. If anything is going to make the prospect of eating a salad more appealing, its this bright yellow lunchbox with 'YAY LUNCH!' wrote on the front. I mean come on, how cute?!

None Beauty Haul, Sali Hughes Pretty Honest Review, Missguided Valentina Heels, Homemade Smoothie Recipes, Happy Jackson Yay Lunch Lunchbox, Haul

I always use clutch bags when I go on nights out and as much as I love them, they sometimes bug me because they have no strap and when I'm attempting to juggle a bag, drink and lipstick re-application after a few vinos, things can get messy! I spotted this pretty clutch bag on Missguided just before Christmas and I thought it'd be perfect - its big enough to fit all my essentials in, plain black so it goes with everything and it has a thin gold chain strap so I can have it hanging over my shoulder. However, the strap also comes off if you prefer a standard clutch. I've been using this on all of my recent nights out and absolutely love it!

None Beauty Haul, Sali Hughes Pretty Honest Review, Missguided Valentina Heels, Homemade Smoothie Recipes, Happy Jackson Yay Lunch Lunchbox, Haul

Hello shoes dreams are made of. After spotting these 'Valentina' heels on some of my favourite bloggers Instagram accounts a few months ago, I just knew I had to have them. It was love at first sight. It seems lots of people feel the same way as every time I tried to buy them before Christmas, they were sold out. However, after lots of checking to see if they were back in stock I struck gold and managed to get my hands on them just before New Year's Eve. I did plan to wear them on NYE with an LBD but had a last minute change of outfit and didn't get round to wearing them. I'm actually planning to wear them tonight for the first time and I cannot wait - they're my favourite shoes ever, ever, ever. 

So there's some of my recent none beauty purchases. I hope you enjoyed seeing what I've been buying and have perhaps got some inspiration for your own purchases!

What have you been buying recently?

Lots of love,

التسميات: , , , , ,

0 تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

الاشتراك في تعليقات الرسالة [Atom]

<< الصفحة الرئيسية