special costumes: Haul | Beauty Sale Purchases

الاثنين، 12 يناير 2015

Haul | Beauty Sale Purchases

Beauty Blog Haul, Beauty Sales Haul, Beauty Sale Purchases, Beauty Products Haul
Although I already have enough beauty products to stock the shelves of a boots store living in my bedroom, the January sales still managed to get the better of me. Yep, in true beauty addict style, I couldn't resist a cheeky purchase! I always love scoping out the online beauty sales after Christmas as there's usually some total bargains to be found and its a good opportunity to grab a few bits I've had my eye on for a while. I only bought five products which is pretty well restrained for me. Here's a bit more about each of them ...

First up are the Tanya Burr 'Bambi Eyes' lashes and I bought these with the intention of wearing them on NYE. I really love Tanya's Youtube channel and her lashes always look beautiful and fluttery so I thought I'd give these a try to help me achieve the glam look I was going for on New Years Eve. However, after rushing around to get ready, I ended up wearing my trusty Vintage Cosmetics Company eyelashes in the style 'Gracie' as I find them so quick and easy to apply. I did attempt to apply these ones but because they're a fuller lash than I'm used to, I found them more difficult to work with and I just didn't have the time. They were slightly too long for my lash line and needed a trim so before my next night out, I'll make sure I have more time spare to trim them and apply them properly. I really like how the lashes look in the box and I think they'll look fab when I do get to wear them. I picked them up from Superdrug and they were around £4 instead of £5.49!

Another thing I bought for NYE and didn't end up wearing because of timing issues (note to self - be more organised in the future) are the imPress press-on manicure in the shade 'Rated R', a gorgeous burgundy. I didn't have time to get my nails done before NYE and as my natural nails are in a pretty bad state, I thought these would be a better choice. I'm gutted I didn't have time to apply them as I've heard such good things and they supposedly last for a week or more which is pretty impressive for stick on nails. I'll definitely be wearing these along with Tanya's lashes on my next big night out.

Beauty Blog Haul, Beauty Sales Haul, Beauty Sale Purchases, Beauty Products Haul

I also picked up a few bits in the Feel Unique sale as they're definitely my favourite website for all things beauty and they had some great offers! I bought the Redken Extreme CAT Protein Reconstructing Treatment as my hair has been snapping recently and my hairdresser recommended Redken products to help get it back in good condition. I hadn't actually realised my hair had snapped until he pointed it out as it feels and looks in good condition. However, after a few dodgy dye jobs and over colouring, pieces of my hair have started to snap! Argh! I'm hoping this protein treatment spray which promises to reconstruct, protect and recondition will help get it back in tip top condition and prevent any further damage. The only thing I will say is that this isn't a very convenient product - I thought it was a spray and leave-in treatment when I bought it but it actually needs to be washed out after 3-5 minutes so I think I'll be saving this for the days I'm relaxing in the bath! If you've used this, let me know in the comments below how you use it as there may be other ways around it!

Another hair product I picked up is Ruth Crilly aka blogger and youtuber 'A Model Recommends' COLAB dry shampoo in the scent 'New York'. This isn't something I'd intended on picking up but when I saw it amongst the sale, I thought I'd give it a try as a change from my usual Batiste. I'm a big fan of using dry shampoos on lazy days and I've been really impressed with this one. It smells amazing and it refreshed my hair nicely without weighing it down or leaving any obvious white marks. I've heard mixed reviews on this product but on first impressions, I'm a fan!

Finally, I picked up the Omorovicza Cleansing Mitt as again, it was reduced in price and I naturally thought 'why not?'. Considering I never used to do a 'proper' cleanse (I know, shame on me) and would regularly turn to a pack of face wipes to remove my makeup, times have clearly changed. I'm now buying special cleansing mitts to remove excess cleanser from my face - how fancy of me. To be honest, this definitely isn't an essential product and a regular face cloth will do the exact same job but after watching QVC and seeing them using something similar in one of their Elemis features, I just had to get one for myself. It is a bit of a novelty  item but I like that I can slot my hand in and rub it around my face to remove any leftover cleanser and exfoliate my skin. Its made from a lovely soft cotton fabric and I like having this hanging over my bathroom sink - it makes me feel like I'm having a proper spa facial each time I use it with my beloved Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing balm!

I hope you enjoyed seeing which beauty bits I bought myself in the sales - I'm looking forward to giving everything a proper try and I'll be sure to report back with my thoughts soon. I've also got a a 'none beauty' haul coming your way very soon too!

Did you treat yourself in the sales too? Have you tried any of these products?

Lots of love,

التسميات: , , ,

0 تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

الاشتراك في تعليقات الرسالة [Atom]

<< الصفحة الرئيسية