special costumes: Favourites of 2014 | Makeup

الأحد، 4 يناير 2015

Favourites of 2014 | Makeup

Favourite Makeup of 2014, 2014 Makeup Favourites, Blogger 2014 Favourites
So its that time of the year again when us bloggers look back over the past year and pick our stand out beauty products. The ones that we've used over anything else and the ones we've already repurchased or would repurchase should they run out. They're our ultimate favourites, the cream of the beauty crop shall we say. I always enjoy putting these posts together as I like rummaging through my makeup stash and picking out the products that have really wowed me over the past twelve months. I haven't picked a product for every single category but I think I've pretty much covered a full face of makeup with the exception of blush because I don't really wear it or have a favourite, brows because its my HD brow palette the same as last year and highlighter because I have so many that I love equally and couldn't pick just one. However, I'll be sure to do a post of my top highlighters very soon! With this being said, here's the products that have made the cut this year ...

Favourite primer: Benefit Porefessional
I was never a huge fan of primers until I tried Benefit Porefessional and realised what a difference they can actually make. I have to be honest, this isn't a product I use every day. However, for a night out, its a must have. I apply it all over my face after moisturising and it instantly smooths out my entire complexion, fills in any pores and provides a perfect base for foundation. I'm not entirely sure if it makes my makeup last longer as its not something I've ever properly tested but my makeup does seem to stay in place on a night out more so than it would on an every day basis when I don't use this. However, staying power aside, the reason I love this is because it makes my makeup go on 10x smoother than it would without. Its just a great product to own if you want to create a really flawless base!

The foundations that have stood out to me in 2014 would definitely be Bourjois Healthy Mix and Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream. I know Healthy Mix has been a favourite of many bloggers for years now but 2014 was the year I tried it for the first time and completely fell in love. Considering its a drugstore foundation, I love it just as much as some of my favourite high end foundations like NARS Sheer Glow (which is also a favourite of 2014 but I didn't have a bottle to photograph). I love the coverage, consistency and finish it provides - its pretty perfect. I'd describe the coverage as medium to full and the finish gives my skin a flawless radiant look. As the same suggests, it makes my skin look healthy, bright and fresh. I just cannot fault it! As for the CC Cream, the same applies. Considering it isn't labelled a foundation, it has great coverage and a beautiful radiant finish. It instantly corrects any redness / dark circles and brightens my skin to provide a really flawless look. Again, I just can't fault it.

Favourite Concealer: MAC Prep & Prime Light Boost
Okay so I wasn't sure if this would be considered a concealer or highlighter but as I've been using it under my eyes to brighten dark circles, I'm going to label it a concealer. I only bought this product towards the end of 2014 but it instantly became one of my all time favourite products from the very first use. As I said, I use this under my eyes and apply it in a V shape from the inner corner of my eye, down the sides of my nose and up to the tops of my cheekbones. I find that by doing this my dark circles are covered and my complexion looks bright and flawless. Its definitely one of those products that would be recommended in a Kim Kardashian makeup tutorial and if you like the bright highlighted under eye look, this is a must have!

This has been one of my favourite products for years now but after going a good six months without repurchasing it due to it being fairly pricey, I'd forgotten just how much I loved it until I finally bit the bullet and repurchased towards the end of 2014. This powder is just everything I could want from a powder and more. It adds a subtle hint of warmth to my skin tone (I used the shade Medium Plus) and the mineral formula means it doesn't get cakey or make my skin look too matte, no matter how much I use. Its a pretty foolproof product - you just can't go wrong with it. I also love that it sets my foundation / concealer perfectly in place whilst providing extra coverage and a really flawless finish. I actually used this on my mum recently and she loved the effect it gave so much that she's buying it for herself, despite the price tag. Since repurchasing, I've realised its one of those products that I won't be going without again and despite it being pricey, its a price that's 100% worth paying!

Liz Earle is a brand I just don't get on with when it comes to skincare. However, 2014 is the year I was introduced to their makeup line and I've been really impressed, particularly with their Radiant Glow bronzer which has fact become one the of my favourite bronzers ever. Other than NARS Laguna (I've just ran out so couldn't photograph it for this post), this would be my top choice. It has four different shades within it and when mixed together, they provide the most beautiful sun kissed bronzed glow to my complexion. Most of the shades have a slight sheen to them which I love as its nothing too glittery but there's just enough sheen to add a radiant glow as the name suggests. This is the bronzer I like to use to warm up my whole complexion and although it does work to  define my cheekbones too, I tend to use something more matte if I'm going for a strong contoured look.

Favourite Makeup of 2014, 2014 Makeup Favourites, Blogger 2014 Favourites

I'm sure the Urban Decay Naked Basics palettes will crop up in a lot of bloggers 2014 favourites posts and for good reason. They're such handy little palettes to own and perfect for every day use. I do own both the original and the Basics 2 and although I love them both, the second one just pipped the original to the post as I feel every single colour is very wearable. I love that it has a slightly shimmery highlight shade and a mixture of brown / taupe matte shades that can be used all over the lid, in the crease, as eye liner or even on my brows. It really is a versatile little palette and the compact size makes it great for travelling with too. I don't think you need to own both palettes but if you don't have either and are considering purchasing one, you won't regret it. Don't forget you could win both of them in my giveaway here too.

As I've mentioned on my blog in the past, my black eye liner is the one makeup item I couldn't be without. I think it'd be my top choice over anything else as its the one item I've always worn since my teen years. Its my makeup comfort blanket! I feel black eye liner makes my blue eyes pop and adds definition to my eyes. With this being said, I'm quite fussy when it comes to eye liners and they have to be just right. This one from Lord & Berry is one of the best I've tried. Its super black, highly pigmented and has a high gloss formula that has been specially designed for use on the inner lash line. Its creamy without sliding off my eyes shortly after applying it too which is a big plus point. I'll definitely repurchase it when it runs out!

Favourite liquid eye liner: Oriflame 'The One' Eye Liner Stylo
As well as my trusty black eye pencil, I'm also a big fan of wearing black liquid liner on the outer corners of my eyes in a cat-eye style flick. I think it looks very feminine and find it suits the shape of my eyes well. However, I do find liquid liner to be very fiddly so I need one that's pretty easy to use. That's where the Oriflame eye liner stylo comes in - the most foolproof liquid liner I've ever used. It has a felt tip pen style applicator which means its very easy to draw a precise line and the formula is super black and pigmented. There's not a great deal more to say about this other than its an excellent product and one to try if you're a liquid liner novice like me!

I've never been someone who is loyal to a specific mascara and I'm usually always trying new ones each time one runs out. Mascara is also one of those products that I would never spend a lot of money on - I just don't see the point. With this being said, I'm so pleased I was introduced to the Bourjois One Seconde mascara in 2014 as its the best I've ever tried. There's quite a Bourjois theme throughout this post as they have seriously impressed me with their releases over the last 12 months and they're by far my favourite drugstore brand. The One Seconde Mascara makes my lashes super black, long and full of volume. I also find it curls my lashes nicely too so I haven't felt the need to use a lash curler when using this mascara. Its fab and definitely one I'll be repurchasing!

As I'm sure you all know by now, I'm a bit of a lipstick junkie. Lipstick is my thing and one of those products I can never have too many of. However, despite my endless collection, I've managed to narrow it down to my top two favourites from the past year and surprisingly, they're both drugstore products. Bourjois have done it again with their Rouge Velvet lipsticks which is amazing for highly pigmented colour and serious staying power without compromising on comfort. My favourite shade is 'Hot Pepper', a beautiful orange toned red that brightens my complexion nicely. I also love the Collection lip butter in the shade 'Perfect Plum' as it is exactly as the name states, a perfect plum / berry pink shade. This has been my go-to all A/W and not many days have gone by that I haven't been wearing this on my lips. Its pigmented, glossy and has good staying power so I don't have any complaints. Considering its price tag, its a fantastic product!

I've never been keen on a matte lip and if I do wear a matte lipstick, I always add a touch of gloss on top to add some shine and make my lips feel more comfortable. I hate that feeling of dry lips that matte lipsticks can often leave so for me, gloss is an essential. The Art Deco Hydra Boost Lip Plumper has been my most used gloss over the past year and the one I keep in my handbag for on the go touch ups. I love that its not sticky and it leaves my lips feeling smooth, even when they've been dry and cracked due to the cold Winter weather. It contains 'Marine Fillings Spheres' which fills out lines and wrinkles on the lips which could be why I feel it leaves my lips looking and feeling more smooth and plump than other glosses. Either way, as far as lip glosses go, its a good un!

I was in two minds as to whether I should include these or not as I realise they aren't makeup. However, I love them SO much that they definitely deserve a mention as a 2014 favourite. I discovered these lashes towards the end of 2013 / start of 2014 and they've been my go-to lashes ever since. When I was younger I always used to wear fairly big false eyelashes for a night out and looking back at photos, I looked ridiculous. They were far to big for my face, they looked very obviously false and made my eye makeup look very OTT. However, The Vintage Cosmetic Company Gracie lashes are completely natural looking and allow me to enhance my natural lashes without feeling like a drag queen. They're also the easiest lashes to apply - they shape to my natural lash line perfectly and the glue they come with is also one of the best I've tried as when they're applied, they don't budge. Nobody wants to be one of those people who gets drunk and doesn't realise they've got what resembles a spider dangling from their eye. I really can't recommend these lashes enough if you want something natural but effective. If you ever see a photo of me wearing false lashes, it'll be these ones!

Favourite Makeup of 2014, 2014 Makeup Favourites, Blogger 2014 Favourites

So there we have it, my top makeup items of 2014! I can't believe how long this post is and I applaud you if you got to the end of it but I really love all of these products so I wanted to share why they made the cut and give you a bit of info about how each of them work. I hope you enjoyed reading and maybe got some inspiration for products to try for yourself this year! I still can't believe its 2015 - madness!

Which products have you been loving over the past twelve months? Have you tried any of these ones?

Lots of love,

التسميات: , ,

0 تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

الاشتراك في تعليقات الرسالة [Atom]

<< الصفحة الرئيسية