special costumes: The Glow Getters | My Favourite Highlighters

الخميس، 26 فبراير 2015

The Glow Getters | My Favourite Highlighters

Favourite Highlighting Products, My Favourite Highlighters, The Glow Getters
One of my favourite beauty products would definitely be highlighter. I'm just a little bit obsessed with their glowy appearance and radiance enhancing effects. I don't feel like my makeup is complete without them and my beauty stash has a whole section dedicated to various highlighting powders, creams and liquids. With this being said, I thought it was about time I shared some of my favourites with you guys, in case you're on the hunt for a new one and aren't sure where to start.

My favourite type of highlighter would have to be a powder as I find them them easy to use and they work well on top of my face powder. One that's been a long time favourite of mine and the first high end highlighter I ever bought is the MAC Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish. Its a stunning champagne shade with pink toned marbling and it gives the skin a beautiful glow. I've heard some people say this is glittery but I'd describe it as a metallic finish which I personally love. Another powder I'm a big fan of is the Bobbi Brown 'Pink Glow' highlighter. I believe this one in particular is limited edition but Bobbi Brown is famous for her shimmer bricks which I'm guessing are very similar. I love that this one has a gorgeous soft pink tone and a high metallic finish as it doubles up as a blush and highlight. Sweeping this across the tops of the cheekbones provides a gorgeous healthy glow - I love it! 

Finally, a more budget friendly highlighter I love is from Topshop*. The one photographed above is in the shade 'Horizon' which is slighly too dark for me in the Winter months due to its bronze tone but in Summer, its beautiful for highlighting a tanned complexion. However, I also love the shade 'Crescent Moon' (not photographed as the packaging is filthy) which is a pretty pearl shade and a very good dupe for the MAC Soft & Gentle. These highlighters are well worth checking out next time you're in Topshop as they're great quality and not too pricey!

Favourite Highlighting Products, My Favourite Highlighters, The Glow Getters
As I said, I do prefer powder highlights but there's a couple of cream / liquid formulas that have won me over. Benefit's 'Watt's Up' Soft  Focus Highlighter* is a lovely product - everything from the quirky light bulb themed packaging to the handy stick style applicator and gorgeous champagne shade are spot on. I love that I can use this on the go as you literally just draw it on your face with it and then blend the product out with your fingers. I've also found that it doesn't interfere with my foundation and powder like some cream products can.

Next up we've got the liquids and I find these ones the trickiest to work with when it comes to highlighting. I think these kind of highlighters work best if you aren't a powder wearer as I do find they can interfere with my base if I apply them on top of powder. They're also great if you don't wear foundation and just want to brighten up your complexion. I use this kind of highlighter a lot more in the Summer when I have a tan and have only used concealer under my eyes. However, I have found a way I can use them at the moment and that's to mix them into my foundation as I find this looks very natural and just perks me up (much needed in the morning)! You could also them into your moisturiser if you aren't a foundation wearer. 

My two favourite liquid highlighters are the NARS Copacobana Illuminator* and the Seventeen Skin Wow 3 Way Highlighter*. Considering the price difference, these two products are actually very similar, the NARS one is just a touch more pigmented. Both of them have a more cool tone than the powders and watt's up, as you can see in the swatches and they're very lightweight on the skin. I really like to use these on my body too - I always apply a highlighter to my collar bones and down the front of my legs before a night out and these ones work perfectly as they're so easy to apply and blend in!

Favourite Highlighting Products, My Favourite Highlighters, The Glow Getters
L-R: Topshop, Bobbi Brown Pink Quartz, MAC Soft & Gentle, Benefit Watts Up, NARS Copacabana, Seventeen Skin Wow

So there we have it, my cream of the highlighting crop. If you want skin to rival the likes of Millie Mcintosh, these products will have you covered!

Have you tried any of these highlighters? Can you recommend any others?


التسميات: , ,

0 تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

الاشتراك في تعليقات الرسالة [Atom]

<< الصفحة الرئيسية