special costumes: The Capsule Work Wardrobe

الأربعاء، 13 أغسطس 2014

The Capsule Work Wardrobe

The Capsule Work Wardrobe, Work Wear Essentials, Essential Work Clothing and Accessories
Since leaving uni a few years ago and going into the grown up world of full time employment, I've had to slowly but surely build up a 'work wardrobe' - staple pieces of clothing and accessories I can wear to the office. With this being said, I thought it'd be fun to share what I'd consider my capsule work wardrobe - it might just give you a few ideas if you're starting a new job or are heading off to interviews. I have to say I'm not entirely happy with the workwear I currently own and creating this collage has made me want to go on a big shopping spree and have a workwear overhaul. If money was no object, these are the things I'd buy ...

As you can probably tell, the selection of clothing and accessories I've picked are very neutral but I think that's a good thing - it means they'll go with anything and can be worn in so many different ways. I also think neutral shades are more appropriate for a professional environment - you don't want your bright yellow dress distracting your fellow employees now, do you. First up is the classic pencil skirt - an absolute staple in my wardrobe and the one item I probably wear most frequently. This M&S pencil skirt is ideal as it goes with everything and its as cheap as chips! I've actually got a few bits of M&S workwear myself and I highly recommend going for a look in your local store - great quality and so affordable. Another staple in my work wardrobe is a classy dress and this Warehouse pencil dress ticks all my boxes. Knee length, neutral colour and nipped in at the waist. You'll be sure to impress in a dress like this one - great for those important meetings!

I also think a good pair of trousers are essential as much like the pencil skirt, they can be worn with a huge range of tops/blouses to create different looks. I think these beige Uniqlo chino trousers and cream New Look blouse make a super cute combo - I'd recommend having a few different blouses like this one in your wardrobe as they can be worn tucked into your pencil skirt or trousers to create lots of different looks. To finish off your work looks, a nice blazer is essential. I think blazers are the most professional looking jackets you can wear for work and they make any outfit look smarter in an instant. This Topshop Boucle zip blazer is a great option as its a bit different from a standard plain blazer and will go with most outfits. However, you can't go wrong with a black black, navy and beige blazer also! Primark's range are actually very nice considering they're so cheap!! 

Next up we have shoes and there's two styles I think are essential to every work wardrobe - the closed toe heel and the flat. I love these black Kurt Geiger Bailey heels as they're very classic and would go with almost every outfit. They're a great height too - not too high (stripper shoes at work are a no-no) but not too low that they look frumpy either. They're a bit more pricey but if you're going to be wearing shoes regularly, its better to get a good quality pair that will last a long time and not fall apart after a few wears. I also love these Elia B suede ballet flats as they're great for those day when you want to be more comfortable while still looking professional. 

Another essential is a nice handbag that will compliment all of your outfits nicely. I absolutely love this Zara Gussetted shopper bag as the neutral colour means it'll go with everything and the shape and style are very classy. This is the kind of bag that won't go out of fashion any time soon as its big enough to fit all of your daily essentials!

In terms of accessories, there's a few things I think add to the professional work look - they aren't essential but I thought I'd include them anyway. I always feel more sophisticated when I'm wearing a watch (is that just me?) so this Topshop Olivia Burton one would do the job nicely. I also think its a good idea to have something like this Filofax personal organiser so you can jot down all of your important meetings or deadlines. I just use a cheap little notebook at the moment but I'd love to have a Filofax in the future - life goals right there! Finally, I think its good to keep makeup to a minimum at work so a nice nude lipgloss is a handbag must have!

So there we have it, a round up of my capsule work wardrobe!! Have I missed anything?!

Lots of love,


Collaboration with Elia B**

التسميات: , ,

0 تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

الاشتراك في تعليقات الرسالة [Atom]

<< الصفحة الرئيسية