special costumes: Matalan Style Project // Festival Fashion

الجمعة، 5 يوليو 2013

Matalan Style Project // Festival Fashion

Festival, Festival Fashion, Festival Outfit, Festival Outfit Ideas, Festival Style, Matalan Festival Outfit, Matalan Style Project, T in the Park, UK Beauty and Fashion Blog, Kayleigh Louise Johnson, Couture Girl Blog, What to Wear to a Festival, Kayleighjcouture Outfit Post
Festival, Festival Fashion, Festival Outfit, Festival Outfit Ideas, Festival Style, Matalan Festival Outfit, Matalan Style Project, T in the Park, UK Beauty and Fashion Blog, Kayleigh Louise Johnson, Couture Girl Blog, What to Wear to a Festival, Kayleighjcouture Outfit Post
Festival, Festival Fashion, Festival Outfit, Festival Outfit Ideas, Festival Style, Matalan Festival Outfit, Matalan Style Project, T in the Park, UK Beauty and Fashion Blog, Kayleigh Louise Johnson, Couture Girl Blog, What to Wear to a Festival, Kayleighjcouture Outfit Post

When I was contacted by Matalan a couple of months ago and asked if I'd like to take part in their Style project, I jumped at the chance. If you read my blog regularly you'll know what an avid fan of Matalan I am and I often feature bits and pieces from the brand in my haul posts. I've said it time and time again but its such an under-rated shop for on-trend fashion and one of my favourite places to head if I want to find a bargain.

The Stye Project is run every month on Matalan's blog and each project has a different theme. The theme I was asked to be involved with is 'Festival Fashion' and it couldn't of come at a better time for me as I'm off to my first ever festival T in the Park next weekend. After I was told what the theme would be, myself and three other bloggers were armed with a £50 voucher to buy our perfect festival outfits.

As I've never been to a festival before I wasn't that clued up on what people actually wear but I knew wellies were an absolute must-have. I know they aren't the prettiest things in the world but if I'm going to be traipsing through a muddy field with thousands of other people, I want to keep my feet dry and protected. I spotted these black wellies with a brown band around the top and I thought they were practical whilst being slightly more stylish than your standard green wellington boot. I also knew denim shorts would be a must-have piece of clothing as they're comfortable, practical and easy to throw on with a top tucked in or a floaty top over the top. I really love these ones I found as the cute embroidery around the bottom adds a pop of colour and an interesting twist to a standard pair of denim shorts.

I decided a top would look great tucked into them so I went for this white cami with pretty embroidery around the neckline and cute little buttons down the front. I think it works well with the shorts and has a nice boho feel to it which is perfect for a festival. To add some colour to the outfit I picked this bright orange and gold pendant necklace and I absolutely love it. I've already worn it numerous times since I bought it and its great for jazzing up a plain outfit. I also like that the orange ties in with the embroidery on the shorts - I like my outfits to be colour-coordinated, does anyone else have this obsession? I also managed to get these wooden bracelets within my budget and again they're very boho which is the trend that always seems to pop to mind when I think of festivals.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with my outfit, especially as I got a full outfit including shoes and accessories for under £50. I think it would look great at a festival as its comfortable and practical as well as being stylish. As I said earlier I'm up against three other bloggers all of whom have also put together their ideal festival outfits so I'd love if you could pop over to the Matalan blog HERE and vote for my outfit if its your favourite! It only takes a second - all you need to do is write my name in the comments section. There's also links over there to the things I'm wearing if you want to buy any of them.

If you do decide to vote for me, please do let me know in the comments below and send me a tweet to @k_leexjx. It would mean a lot to me and I'd be so grateful!

Do you like my festival outfit? What would you wear to a festival?

Lots of Love,

التسميات: , , , , , , , ,

0 تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

الاشتراك في تعليقات الرسالة [Atom]

<< الصفحة الرئيسية