special costumes: Spring Lipsticks // Pretty Peaches

الجمعة، 29 مارس 2013

Spring Lipsticks // Pretty Peaches


Hi Ladies! I hope you're all well and having a fabulous Easter weekend so far. Doesn't it feel good to have a long weekend? I say all weekends should be this long ;). My mum and sister are coming to visit for the weekend and I cannot wait to have some fun girly time together (with the exception of my boyfriend of course haha). I hope whatever you're doing will be very fun filled too!

Today I want to share my favourite Spring lipsticks and all of them just happen to be pretty peach/orange shades. As soon as Spring rolls around I turn into a peach obsessed mad woman. Wether its clothes, makeup or nail polish - peach is a must-have Spring shade. I also love a good peach lipstick, its one of my favourite shades to wear and over time I've developed quite the collection. I've picked out my top five and thought I'd give you a little overview of each along with some swatches. Enjoy!

[ Revlon Lip Butter - Juicy Papaya ]
Juicy Papaya is one of Revlon's new lip butters and I blogged about it here along with another of their new shades 'Pink Lemonade'. I've been really enjoying wearing this shade since I got it as its the perfect Spring lip colour. The lip butters are so wearable due to their balm like consistency and sheer wash of colour and this one in particular is such a pretty peach shade. Its quite sheer compared to my other picks but that's one of the reasons I like it so much, its so wearable. A great product for every day use!

[ Revlon Colorburst Lipstick - Peach ]
Another Revlon lip product has made it into the line up and this time its from their Colorburst lipstick range. The shade I've got is 'Peach' which as the very unoriginal name (tut tut Revlon) states, is a perfect Peach. Much like Juicy Papaya, this one is so wearable and one I quite often find myself slicking on for every day wear. Its slightly more pigmented and vivid than Juicy Papaya but still has a lovely glossy and moisturising finish. I love the packaging of this one too with the handy colour on top. This is very useful for someone like me with a ridiculous amount of lip products 8).

[ YSL Rouge Pur Couture - Le Orange ]
Okay so this lipstick isn't exactly 'peach' but I wanted to include it anyway as its still in the orange toned lipstick family (did I just say that?). I've also reviewed this lipstick here if you want to see it up close and personal one my lips. I just love everything about this lipstick from the luxurious gold packaging to the highly pigmented and moisturising formula, its an all round winner for me. Of course this is the priciest lipstick of the bunch at £25.00 but for a special occasion or treat, its one I'd highly recommend. I can already see this looking amazing with a tan and the orange red shade instantly brightens up my face.

[ MAC - Costa Chic ]
Costa Chic is Spring/Summer in a lipstick, seriously. Its a bright coral shade with strong pink undertones and a shimmery iridescent finish. When I first bought it I was really wary of the 'frost' finish as I thought it might make my lips look a tad disco ball but thankfully, it just adds a subtle sparkle. This lipstick looks perfect with a tan on holiday and I'll certainly be packaging it when I head to Portugal later this year.

[ Topshop - Whimsical ]
As I'm sure you all know by now, Topshop is one of my favourite brands for lip products and Whimsical is just perfect for this time of year. Its a relatively pale peach shade that again is very easy to wear. I'd describe the finish of this one as Satin, not quite matte but not at all glossy (even though it looks it on my photo, hmm!). I like to wear this one with a gloss on top and its perfect for day to day or evening wear. I could imagine this one looking beautiful when paired with a smokey eye for the Spring/Summer evenings.

So there we have it, my top Peach lipsticks for Spring. Looking at the recent snowy weather in the UK you wouldn't think it was Spring but hey ho, I'm trying to embrace spring shades none the less. Come on Mr Sunshine, come out and say hello!


What's your favourite shade for Spring? Do you own any of these lipsticks?

Have a great Easter everyone!

Lots of Love,





التسميات: , , , , , , , ,

0 تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

الاشتراك في تعليقات الرسالة [Atom]

<< الصفحة الرئيسية